This page has moved. Please visit the Cardiff Advice Zone page instead.
Please Note: From 23 May, the Cardiff Advice Centre & Student Administration team will be temporarily based in CA A314 on the 3rd floor to accommodate the refurbishment of the ATRiuM building.
The Advice Centre is a student centred service which supports students with any issues which have, or have the potential to affect their ability to study. The Advice Team will be here throughout the year to offer general advice and guidance related to studying at the University of South Wales. We will also be able to help identify more specific sources of help and information should it be needed.
The Student Advisers you will meet are very experienced; won’t make decisions for you or make any judgments about your circumstances. They operate within the University’s and Faculty’s regulatory and procedural framework and will ensure you receive the best advice possible within these structures. Your circumstances may be complex and very sensitive, so be assured your meetings are in a safe and confidential environment where you can discuss in as much or as little detail as you’re comfortable with.
So, no matter how straight forward your question may be or if your situation is quite complex call into the Cardiff Advice Centre for help and support.
Advice Centres: overview
Please see the Advice Centres overview page for links that answer common queries.
Where to find us
The Advice Centre is located on the foyer on the ground floor of the ATRiuM. Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday. Drop in appointments are available between 9am & 12pm and 2pm & 5pm, throughout the week. Alternatively, you can also arrange an appointment with an advisor using the options available below. You can call in during these hours or you can make an appointment for a slot with an adviser. If you are a part-time student unable to visit us during the opening hours, it may be possible to arrange an appointment outside of these times, please ask us.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- By dropping in
- By telephone on: 01443 668541
- By email: email@example.com
- E appointments via Skype – If you would like a Skype appointment, you will need to let us know at the time of booking and provide us with your Skype address. One of the Student Advisers will send you a request to add you to their list of Skype contacts and you must accept this as soon as possible. At the appointment time a Student Adviser will invite you to a conversation. If you don’t respond at this time, we will cancel the slot accordingly. Please note the below:
How do I find my re-sit brief?
Assessment briefs are available on Blackboard and it’s up to you to make sure you access the site in a timely manner giving yourself enough time to complete and submit the required work.
• Log onto Blackboard
• Select the Organisations tab at the top of the page
• Select Cardiff Campus resits
• All re-sit briefs are located in relevant folders by module code
The assessment coversheet will indicate how you are to submit the re-sit work and this must be adhered to.
If you have a re-sit for a Law, Accounting or Finance course based in Atlantic House, your re-sit brief will be available on the relevant module page.
Who we are
- Stephen Doran – Senior Student Adviser
- Sian Gunning – Student Adviser
- Jon Emery – Student Adviser
- Chris King – Advice Administrator
We look forward to Meeting you!