Withdrawing from your studies

If you are thinking of leaving your course albeit for personal or academic reasons, we strongly recommend you discuss this decision with your Campus Advice Zones and your Course Leader before completing the withdrawal form. We may be able to provide you with guidance or support which could help you to continue engaging in your studies.

Students studying at Partner Colleges, Partner Organisations or UNICAF should contact their usual course contact.

Before taking the final steps to complete the withdrawal process we would also suggest you contact your Local Education Authority/SLC as well as the University’s Revenue Unit and Student Money Advice Team who can provide you with guidance as to how this decision will affect your current tuition fees, student loans and any scholarships/bursaries or grants you’re in receipt of. If you’re an international student, this will also affect your student visa. Please ensure you obtain correct advice from our Immigration & International Student Advice so that you can make an informed decision. Remember, if you don’t talk to us, we can’t help you!

Please make sure you read Appendix 3 of the University’s Finance Policies, which will help you understand what your tuition fee liability is, should you withdraw from your course. Depending on the date of your withdrawal, you may be liable for full or part payment of your tuition fees and other associated costs, such as rent for your halls accommodation (if applicable).

If you have decided to withdraw from your course, please complete the Withdrawal form available from your Advice Zones.

Please note that ceasing to attend classes does not in itself constitute a formal Withdrawal.

Any questions?

Cardiff Glyntaff Newport City Treforest

Student Money Advice Team Revenue Unit Immigration & International Student Advice
Tel: 01443 483778
Email: money@southwales.ac.uk
Tel: 01443 483340
Email: revenue@southwales.ac.uk
Tel: 01443 482083
Email international.advice@southwales.ac.uk